Let's Eat: Honest Burgers...


Things are about get real yummy round these parts. In light of my blog 'rebrand' shall we say, one thing I really wanted to start featuring more of was my number one love; food. Eating out has got to be one of the few times in my life I feel truly happy...OK perhaps that's slightly dramatic but there are few things I enjoy more than a good evening out for dinner.







Being the first of my food features I decided to celebrate the good ole'fashioned burger. I'm not a huge red meat fan but I have occasionally been known to indulge in a good stacked patty every now and again. 

Honest Burgers is a restaurant I'd had on my radar for a few years really. One of my good friends kept banging on at me about it when it first opened in Brixton, but it wasn't until recently I was able to sample it's beefy delights. 

It had been a rather long, wet, Sunday supporting my number one BAE, Grace at her appearance at the British Summertime Festival (coincidentally not so summery due to the non stop downpours) and after a long, pretty unorganised few hours lugging ourselves around Hyde Park, we were well and truly ready to eat our own arms off. So we headed into central to find sustenance and here's where we ended up.

All I can say is the hype is real. I can't remember the name of the burger I ordered but I know it was paying homage to it's Brixton roots. It had some jerk spice and pineapple with it, the meat was perfectly cooked and being someone that doesn't actually enjoy the taste of meat, this went down really easily. It was flavorful and easy to eat and the chips are perhaps some of the best I've had recently. One thing I really have to shout out though is the fresh mint lemonade...I can't even with this drink, I could honestly have it everyday.

Labels: