Three Favs | Facial Oils...

Clarins Lotus Facial Oil Treatment | Caudalie Vinosource Overnight Recovery Oil | Jurlique Herbal Recovery Antioxidant Face Oil

It's the time of year when the old reliable skincare routine tends to need an injection of a little something extra. Depending on how extravagant you tend to be in your regular routine this could be in the form of serums, masks or the indulgent facial oil.
 I got into facial oils around a year or so ago. I'd heard so many people waxing lyrical about the benefits, especially for oily skin, so I decided to dip my toe (or face) into the pool. I only really use a facial oil once or twice a week, and it's typically preceded by whichever face mask I deem most appropriate for my skin at the time...for my oily, pore pitted skin it's usually Glamglow

So I thought I'd round up three of my favourite, and perhaps most talked about, oils as the pool - or slick - can be somewhat of a confusing one.

Clarins Lotus Face Treatment Oil - I call this my 'out of trouble' oil. This is perfect for those times of the month where your skin just wants to erupt. Formulated for troublesome, oily/combination skin this oil is great for soothing, repairing and restoring any hazardous areas that, perhaps despite using an on the spot treatment, need slightly more attention. 

Caudalie Vinosource Overnight Recovery Oil - Despite this saying it's for dry to very dry skin, this oil is actually surprisingly light. It's pretty safe to say that the common link between all skin types is that most of them come with a dollop of dehydration. This oil focuses on nourishing and replenishing lost moisture in the skin overnight, so it's perfect if you fancy a full on pamper for dull, lacklustre skin, thanks to central heating and plummeting temperatures. I also think the price point for this is really good at £26.

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Antioxidant Face Oil - If you're just getting into facial oils and have no idea where to start, this is the one I would recommend. It's what you'd call an all rounder, it focuses on first signs of aging, replenishing moisture, refining skin texture, all of it. It's also very light so you don't feel like you're going to sleep with half a bottle of olive oil slapped over your skin.

What are your favourite facial oils?


Labels: