Tools of the trade...



Ibiza Hair B3 BrushIbiza Hair Z4 Brush

Now you may or may not know I have been training in hairdressing for about a year now and am so so excited to finally become qualified in June (or maybe sooner!)

When I first started out training I treated myself to this set of Head Jog brushes. A guy in the salon I was working in had them and I thought they were so nice and the perfect range of sizes for a new stylist.

I have been an avid follower of Anna Lee and Jesse's youtube channel since they started vlogging, particularly because Anna Lee is basically, my biggest career inspiration. When I made the big decision to change career I came across her channel and, I know it sounds weird, she really helped me to have the confidence to think, 'this is what I want, I'm going for it.' She has the exact kind of career I had imagined for myself and watching her really gave me the boost I needed to just go for it.

So anything Anna Lee recommends, I'm totes gona try. I had seen she had a set of the above brushes which she always seemed to use and being that she is a high flying LA stylist I thought they must be something spesh. She then revealed in this tutorial, they were by the brand Ibiza Hair Tools with her favourite brush being the Z4. After gaining some experience and seeing Anna's amazing blow dry results from using the Z4, I of course had to purchase one for myself. On looking at the collection I also fancied getting one of the 'blonde' brushes as they are supposed to be better suited to lighter, finer hair types.

I have used both on clients ever since I got them and OMG, they are perfect brushes. Super lightweight, with soft but firm bristles, these brushes grab the hair so much better than my previous ceramic radial brushes. To get a perfect blowdry you need control and tension over the hair, something that can be a struggle when you're training, not with these guys. They hold the hair taut and allow for ultimate control when waving, curling and smoothing. Seriously I cannot recommend these brushes enough, either if you're a stylist yourself or someone who has mastered the round brush blow dry, one use of these and you will NEVER go back to awful ceramic radials. These are so much kinder to your hair as well as much lighter to work with. Like Anna, the Z4 is the one. I like the B3 but I wish it had a bit more of a concave barrell like the Z4 as it works wonders when creating volume and movement.

Convinced yet? If not watch this tutorial of the brushes in action and you'll be clicking that by button before it's even finished!




Labels: ,