How I use | Bumble & bumble Surf Spray...




Bumble & bumble surf spray

I feel I must make this imperatively clear, this post has not been sponsored or requested by Tigi or Bumble, I just really like both these brands!

So let's go...

Surf spray is one of those products that I think you either get or you don't. I do so I thought it would be really helpful to do a wee post (and a cheeky vid so look out) on the best way I've found to use it.

The biggest error I see with people using Surf Spray is using it on dry hair. This is a wet product and the best way to use a wet product? You guessed it, on wet hair! If you do use this on dry hair you at least need to scrunch and blast dry it in, simply spraying a water like product onto dry hair and expecting to transform into a california beach babe, int gona happen I'm afraid. To get any sort of decent hair style, you need to work with the product, and don't be scared of products either! Experiment with them, layer them, see how much is too much and how much is too little, you will never get amazing results if you don't put at least a teensy bit of effort in...and product!

So speaking of layering products, I always use a root lift spray. My goal is height and volume when I style my hair and a root lift spray is imperative for this. My absolute favourite has to be the Tigi Bedhead Queen for a Day Thickening Hairspray. I swipe this through my roots and massage in. I then follow this with the Bumble Surf Spray. I spritz this down my hair length, around two sprays per side of my head, so two at the front side, two towards the back, the actual back, side of back and front again if that makes sense! I then scrunch the product into my hair, if you've never done this, do it, this gives you a great idea of how much 'wave potential' there is in your hair. I originally did this with mousse and I couldn't believe the wave in my hair, it could actually be described as curly! If wave and texture is your aim, you need to get down with the scrunching in product technique.

As I am using a textured product, due to the poor condition of my hair, I layer this with a light, smoothing product. If you're hair is in good condition you can skip this part but as I blow dry my hair upside down, it can be inclined to frizz. So I add a tiny bit of Bumble & bumble Grooming Cream, about a pea size amount, as you don't want to over do it with the smoothing products.

I then flip my head upside and scrunch and dry. It's really important to scrunch so you build texture and wave as well as body. This can take a little bit longer than the regular blast dry but totes worth it as the results are textured, inflated hair! I then sort my parting out, maybe run a few extra curls through with my GHDs before finishing with Bumble & bumble Brilliantine...the most underrated Bumble product in my opinion. I can't really describe it as there is nothing else on the market like it but it's a very light, water based cream that disappears into the hair, it adds a bit of sheen and separation, a great one for smooth, messy texture without looking too polished or too put together, know what I mean? I then blast a few sprays of my favourite shine spray, Tigi Bedhead Headrush, and we're good to go!






Labels: , ,