Currently Loving | Brown Eyeliner


Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eyeliner in Demolition | Bourjois Effet Smoky in Smoked Brown | Nars Larger Than Life Eyeliner in Via Appia

I'm not sure what's happening, with  Summer turning into Autumn you'd expect makeup to become heavier. But for me, I've started to embrace a much more subtle style. For years I've been a slave to the cat eye flick, all I needed was me, my gel liner and a mac 266. Having been so devoted to it, I scarcely did anything else eye makeup wise, I just didn't feel like me unless I was showing off my defining flick.

But with the rise of more natural, sultry looks like thick, unkempt brows, tired eyes and flawless skin, gracing the catwalks and models du jour (step up Miss Delevigne) I've recently been drawn to a more played down version of definition: enter the brown eyeliner.

My favourite way to wear this is simply smudged along the lash line, upper or lower, anything goes with this look. Paired with my favourite copper eyeshadow a la Mary Kate Olsen and I'm good to go.

I have a fair few of these in my stash but my favourite has to be the Bourjois Effet Smoky in Smoked Brown. It's no secret that Bourjois are my favourite brand for Kohl liners and that's not just limited to drugstore, it's my favourite brand full stop! This one is buttery soft and smudges out beautifully but I find it's especially good for the waterline. I find with some 'kohl' liners, the minute they come into contact with the waterline the pigmentation seems really watered down, and it take a fair few swipes to get anywhere close to some definition, not with this one. It glides on in one swipe, bold and beautiful, not to mention a good few hours before topping up.

For along the upper lash line I really like the Nars Larger Then Life in Via Appia. It has an ever so slight shimmer so is perfect for pairing with an evening smokey look. Looking something a little more dramatic? The Urban Decay 24/7 liner is your perfect match. It looks almost black but is most definitely brown and will not move! Perfect for a first fray into brown liner if your looking to experiment.

What are some of your favourite winter liners?


Labels: , , , ,