I'm back!!! Yes, yes snap back to reality, the holiday is over, waaaaaaaah!
I had an amazing time in Ibiza, sunbathed all day, got a lovely tan, had a few big party times and am now enjoying my last few days off before I have to return to the real world, bleurgh!
So I thought I would do a wee little review on the products I used and loved on holiday, if you watched my what I was taking video over on my Youtube channel I had a lot. I think it's always useful to see what other people take and hopefully I've got some goodies to excite you if you're off to warmer climes anytime soon!
Sisley Sunleya Age Minimizing After Sun Care, Decleor Aroma Sun Expert Anti Wrinkle Cream, Piz Buin Allery SPF30, Piz Buin Allergy After Sun, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Skin Protectant, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Super Defense for Face SPF50
Now I'm not one that holidays too often but from this year, I think I've got my holiday skincare down to a T. Everything I took I used and definitely needed, these are staples that will remain in my suitcase for holidays to come!
Sisley Sunleya Age Minizing After Sun Care
- Now I don't know if this product actually works and I won't know really for another 30 odd years! But, I really like the idea of using a separate after sun product on my face, neck and chest as these are the most vulnerable areas in the sun. Anything that could help me prevent that 'leathery' look in years to come is a definite thumbs up from me! This product was easy to apply, not greasy and made my skin feel great. Now, this is Sisley, so I'm not suggesting you must go out and spend on a product you'll use like once a year but I do definitely recommend getting something specifically tailored for your face and neck.
Decleor Aroma Sun Expert Anti Wrinkle Cream
- Like Sisley, I loved having a separate product for my face. I find usual sun cream is way to heavy to apply to my face and leaves me feeling greasy, sweaty and overloaded. This didn't and although I probably should have, I didn't need to reapply! It lasted all day and no burnt bits!
Piz Buin Allergy Range
- I cannot rave about these enough! I get prickly heat and last year I took antihistamines and used the Piz Buin SPF30 Allergy Sun Cream, my prickly heat was sooo much better and I only had a slight irritation on my upper arms. This year however, I found the Allergy After Sun and I have to say, it's a miracle product. Used all together I got NO prickly heat whatsoever...insane!My skin was flawless with no hint of any irritation. If you have sun sensitive skin or suffer from the dreaded prickly heat, I cannot recommend these products enough - and they're half price at Boots so what are you waiting for?!
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream
- The Skin Protectant is a must for holiday, any burns, scraps or skin damage, it clears it right up. This year I also took a sample of the SPF50 Super Defense for Face just in case. Although I didn't actually use it on my face, apart from around my lips, I did burn a small section on my chest on the 2nd day and so used this for extra protection until it cleared up. Along with the Skin Protectant being slapped on at night these worked an absolute treat to clear up my sun wounds and I was left with an even, beautiful looking glow! (who knows the real extent of the damage but at least it looks good ha!)
Aveda Sun Care Protective Hair Veil, Aveda Sun Care Hair and Body Cleanser, Aveda Sun Care After Sun Hair Masque
Being that I have bleached my hair a couple of months ago and so it's not in the best condition, I thought I should really take some kind of sun specific haircare. I'd heard a lot about the Aveda range and was really excited to try it in Ibiza.
Aveda Protective Hair Veil
- This is essentially an SPF for your hair, you apply it as much as you want throughout the day and it helps to condition and protect your hair from sun damage. I thought it would also help to prevent my scalp getting burnt but I did burn it a little bit so it's essentially a heat protective spray. Despite it not fully protecting my scalp it does work really well and it really helps to keep your hair managable and hydrated in the sun. Even though it's a pricey £18 I would definitely recommend it as you could even use it on your return for hair drying and straighteners!
Aveda Hair and Body Cleanser
- Now I'm not massively into hair products so for me, this didn't seem particularly different from my regular shampoo, I didn't use it on my body but for a space saver it's great that you can have an all in one product that feels and smells as nice as this one. Not an essential but worth it if you want to kill two birds with one stone.
Aveda After Sun Hair Masque
- I really liked this product. You do need quite a lot but it really does work. I left it on for about 5-10 mins and it really helped when brushing and styling my hair as well as conditioning it from root to tip. I also didn't have to use my moroccanoil which I always have to at home to help me get a brush through it so for me, that's the biggest selling point. Again a real space saver in terms of not needing to bring further conditioning products and doesn't overload the hair.
What have you been loving on holiday? Have you tried any of these?
Until the next post!
Love, love, love,
Labels: hoilday haircare, holiday beauty products, holiday skincare, suncare