Here comes the sun...

With it being such nice weather lately I can't help but get excited about the Summertime and the inevitable change of make up. Blushers, highlighters and bronzers replace my winter focus of eyebrows, lips and lashes! I have an unhealthy obsession with all these products, specifically highlighters, I have far too many for one person to wear in a lifetime but I just cannot stop, I LOVE them!

And there is one highlighter in particular that has got me feeling like I'm livin' it up in Barbados rather than Hackney and that is the new 'beam' addition to the cult Benefit collection.

Benefit Sun Beam Highlighter*

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Benefit, initially I find their products can be all talk and no substance, far too much gimmick and don't even get me started on the prices! I feel like they're very gifty and perhaps not a 'serious' make up brand, I know that sounds harsh but take their infamous boxed blushers. These products are my love/hate personified. I LOVE some of them, they are great colours, apply well and flatter any complexion, but the packaging...what the hell is up with the packaging, the most impractical make up packaging in the entire world and defo not made with the make up artist in mind, and there lies my point of it not being a 'serious' make up brand, it's all play, products to have fun with but No fun for me at those prices!

Anyway enough of my rant, one of the Benefit products I have always liked is the High Beam highlighter and Benefit Sunbeam is the newest addition to this range, also consisting of Moon Beam, both cult products in the highlighting world! This one is, as you would've guessed, a far more bronzey version but with a similar finish to High Beam rather than Moon Beam. It's perfect on the cheeks, cupids bow and down the nose or, when Summer really kicks in, would be beautiful mixed into foundation to really set of that Summer glow! Overall I love it and can see it being one of my go to highlighters, especially on a night out when I'm raving it up in Ibiza come June!

What are your favourite highlighters to use in Summer?

Until the next post,

Love, love, love




*PR Sample

Labels: , , , , ,