Current Skincare Routine & Product Rave

Now I am by no means a skincare junkie AT ALL! My skin can be quite sensitive so I have the products that I like so I stick to them, specifically my Body Shop Elderflower Eye Cream and Simple Light Hydrating Moisturiser, yes I'm very much a high street gaaaal when it comes to skincare apart from my Estee Lauder Perfectly Clean Cleanser. But recently I think I may have been snared, and not by anyone, by one of the much more expensive skincare ranges, one I may have thought was all just fluff and tech speak!

So firstly I must make it clear, I work in the beauty industry so as part if my job I get sent things to try, VERY nice work if you can get it but yeh, I would never have had the money otherwise to try this purely out of curiosity. Saying this I only ever feature stuff on my own blog if I really, really love it so you know if I've been sent it and I talk about it here, it's a big deal.

And my most recent trial is with The Skincare range from Shiseido.

Shiseido The Skincare Range*

So every night I have been cleansing, softening (Shiseido speak for toning) and moisturising with these beauties.

Part of Shiseido's service is a skin analysis using their amazing and very hi tech skin scanner to determine the exact condition of your skin so they can then recommend the best products for you, perfect, especially at these prices, these products really are luxury to me in terms of price! But seriously this machine is amazing, some may say gimmicky but it really can tell you everything, sun damage, skin vitality, skin age, wrinkles, it's got it all and very very magnified!

So along I went slightly nervous and expecting the worst, please don't tell me I have the skin of an 80 year old! But alas, I had not much to worry about, in short I had dehydrated skin, which I did know, oily in some parts, good rate of cell turnover and no deep set wrinkles just yet! I was then recommended products from The Skincare Range which is really hydrating and very very light. Perfect for me as I can get irritated by products that are too rich in texture very easily, I'm looking at you Estee Lauder Hydrationist Lotion and Hydra Complete Eye Cream!

So what am I using?

Shiseido The Skincare Extra Gentle Cleansing Foam - I love this cleanser especially with the face massaging brush, which I will speak in more detail about later. It's really light and foams up lovely so you hardly need any product which again is great considering the £28.50 price tag!! I still exfoliate once a week but this just a fab everyday cleanser.

Shiseido The Skincare Hydro Nourishing Softener - So instead of 'Toners' Shiseido have 'Softeners'. They essentially do the same thing as in prep your skin so they absorb moisturiser more effectively. Not sure if there's a huge difference but I really am liking this softener, it's a gel-like consistency and again a little goes a long way. It leaves no greasy residue and acts as a light exfoliator to clear any excess skin flakes and face wash.

Shiseido The Skincare Day Moisture Protection - This moisturiser is fast becoming one of my all time favourites, if I can't maintain much of this skincare range I really want to be able to maintain this, and at £45, this will be a struggle! As it's a lotion it's really light, more like a milk, and again as with all these products, a little really does go a long way, I also think it helps my foundation apply much more evenly. As I'm getting on so well with this I am really keen to try The Skincare Eye Moisture Recharge but this is a big step for me as it's £41!!! And it's an eye cream, a product I notoriously do not get on with!

And the Piece de Resistance! 


The Face Massaging Brush*

Forget your Clarisonic, this is all you need! Well maybe it's just a cheaper alternative but seriously, I am loving using this brush. As I mentioned earlier it really foams up my face wash so I hardly need to use any and it's so so soft so doesn't feel at all abrasive, but I still feel like I'm getting a good scrub. There's rubber 'prods' (is that a word?) in it as well so it really massages the skin helping with blood flow and circulation as well as gently exfoliating, I am a face brush convert fo'sho! And at £21.50, can you resist?!

So as you can see I have been really, really lucky in terms of being able to trial this incredible range as I would never normally go near a range as expensive as this for fear of becoming addicted and ending up homeless surrounded by beautiful skincare! It is a really big investment but, if there's a birthday coming up or if you can try the products one by one each month, I highly, highly recommend them!

I am currently about half way through my 6 week trial and am due to go back to Shiseido for a follow up  skin analysis so do check back to see if it's really worth the money!

What's your most expensive beauty weakness?

Until the next post!

Love, love, love,





*PR Sample

Labels: , ,